There are numerous curriculums available for all grade levels, whether you want to add one activity during national Farm to School Month in October, feature seasonal events or integrate a comprehensive education program with lessons in nutrition, health, science, food, agriculture and careers.
Farm to School Curriculum
- Farm to PreSchool Curriculum
- Food, Land and People – Grades K-12
- Granny’s Garden School – Grades 1-4
- Veggie U – Grade 4
- Chefs Move to Schools – USDA Database of Participating Chefs and Schools
- Cooking With Kids – Grade K-6
- Farm to School Lessons and Curricular Resource Links
- Harvest of the Month
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
- Food Matters – Grades K-12
Farm to School and Wellness Policies
Schools participating in National School Lunch Program are required by law to establish wellness policies. Learn more about wellness policy requirements and how they relate to school meals from the USDA.
Farm to School has outcomes that further student wellness, and can be incorporated into wellness policies to promote healthier diets.
The Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems offers Tools for Promoting Local Purchasing & Farm to School Activities: Sample Wellness Policy Language for Schools.