Food safety is a major concern for schools and for local producers. To ensure safety, most local producers follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAP). To learn more about GAP and local food safety, see:
- USDA Farm to School Resources
- Ohio State University Food Safety
- USDA’s GAP Audit Checklist
- Cornell GAP
- FNS Best Practices for Handling Fresh Produce in Schools
- USDA Food Safety Games and Activities
Additionally, the Ohio Produce Marketing Agreement (OPMA) offers certification, inspection and marketing services for producers. OPMA is accepting membership and inspection requests for certification at this time. Please go to opmaresources.us for these applications.